AAI One World Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries 2020: Entries are requested from suitably qualified candidates from developing countries to apply for the 2020 Afro-Asian Institute Salzburg (AAI) One World Scholarship for students from developing countries to be taken at Austria. The One World Scholarship focuses on providing a partial scholarship for students from Africa, Asia and Latin America who on their own have come to Austria to advance their educational career.
Scholarships is to help Master’s and PhD candidates exercise the right to education for those critical and intellectual young people who encounter poor conditions in their countries. Applicants in the field of social justice, poverty reduction, climate change, gender equality, global migrations, renewable energy, food securities, sustainable use of resources, conflict prevention and resolution, environmental protection, sustainable tourism, urbanization, fighting corruption, international relations, intercultural dialogue, human rights, good governance, democratisation are encouraged to apply.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Afro-Asian Institute, Salzburg (AAI)
Scholarship to be taken at: World Bank Regional Office, Africa
Scholarship level: Masters and PhD
Scholarship Worth: Partial Scholarship
Subject Eligibility: As outlined above
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for applicants from developing countries.
You may also like: 2020 IDRC Doctoral Research Awards for Students from Developing Nations
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the AAI One World Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must show considerable financial need. Consideration is given to people whose income, savings, other means of support, profession and income of parents in order to select students who would hardly be able to successfully finish their studies without financial support.
- Applicants must be from developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- Applicants must have interest in development and according specialization in studies. Prospective students are expected to show a strong interest in issues relating to development which is supported to be reflected in the choice of study fields, prior experience, voluntary activities.
- Applicants must gain admission to a Master or PhD programme at a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol (Uni Salzburg, Uni Innsbruck, FH Salzburg, MCI, FH Kufstein)
- for PhD students: approved disposition
- Applicants age limit: Master studies max. 30 years (mothers: 35 years), PhD studies max. 35 years (mothers: 40 years) at the time of application
- Residence permit “student”
- International Science Graduate Scholarships at University of Melbourne, Australia 2020/21
- 2020 AERC-World Bank Visiting Scholars Programs for Africans
Application Procedures for the AAI One World Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries 2020
Applicants should note that when their applications have been reviewed, they will be invited for an online-interview (via skype, zoom or webex)
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2020
from Scholarships – Study Green https://ift.tt/3fMHyqH