Africa Scholarship Programme at the University of Essex, United Kingdom: Applications are requested from qualified international students who are Africans and are not able to fund their postgraduate studies to apply for the 2020/21 Africa Scholarship Programme at the University of Essex, United Kingdom. The scholarship is a partial funding towards the tuition fees of students enrolled in a full-time postgraduate programme at the University of Essex, UK.
Applicants from African countries are encouraged to take advantage of the scholarship opportunity and acquire quality education and research skills in one of the best institution of higher learning in the world. The scholarship is awarded as a partial fee waiver and is available for students enrolled on a postgraduate taught Masters course excluding MBA.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Essex
Scholarship to be taken at: United Kingdom
Scholarship level: Masters
Scholarship Worth: £4,000
Subject Eligibility: Full Time Postgraduate Courses at University of Essex
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The Scholarship is for students from Africa.
You may also like: University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program, 2020
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Africa Scholarship Programme at the University of Essex, United Kingdom, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Scholarships are meant for students who are regarded as overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded. They are not available to students who are fully or partly sponsored.
- Applicants must be a citizen of an African nation and defined as a member state of the Africa Union.
- Scholarships will be awarded to students who have completed relevant school or university studies from recognized universities.
- Applicants must have been awarded a first degree with a good grade. A higher masters grade cannot compensate for a lower Bachelors grade.
- Applicants are to note that the scholarships do not apply to deferred entry. Where a student, to whom a scholarship is being offered requests deferred admission, the award will be considered again in line with the terms and conditions that apply in the new proposed year of entry.
- Academic requirements for the scholarship entails an applicant from Ghana and Nigeria to possess a bachelor’s degree of CGPA 3.0/4.0 and 3/5 or above respectively. Students from other African countries are to possess a 2:1 or above or its equivalent as defined by the Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria.
- International Excellence Award At University of Salford Manchester 2020
- International Scholarships in Australia at University of New South Wales, 2020
Application Procedures for the Africa Scholarship Programme at the University of Essex, United Kingdom
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and all academic applications will automatically be considered. The University will use official transcripts and certificates submitted as part of the original application, as evidence of grades achieved and no alternative supporting evidence will be accepted.
Applicants are to note that they will be assessed based on the information that they submit during application for admission into the University of Essex and if all the eligibility criteria are met, they will be automatically awarded the scholarship. There will be no need to complete an application.
Application Deadline: 18th September, 2020
from Scholarships – Study Green https://ift.tt/3fB6l0L