Masters Scholarship in Energy for Sustainable Development Sponsored by World Bank: Application is requested from qualified and highly motivated African students to apply for the 2020/21 Masters Program in Energy for Sustainable Development at the University of Rwanda through its African Centre of Excellence in Energy for Sustainable Development (ACE-ESD). There are few full scholarship opportunities available on a competitive basis as only qualified and best performing students will be considered for the award.
Applicants awarded the ACE-ESD scholarships will be supported only for the two years duration of the Masters award. However, the support is incumbent upon successful progress in each. Applicants will be expected to complete their studies in the stipulated timeframe as extension of funding will not be possible.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): World Bank Group
Scholarship to be taken at: University of Rwanda
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Scholarship Worth: Fully funded
Scholarship Slots: Not stated
Subject Eligibility: Renewable Energy, Electrical Power Systems, Energy Economics
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for students from Rwanda, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Burundi, Mozambique, Uganda, Zambia and other African countries.
You may also like: Call for 2020 Application: Research Fellowships for Scientists in Africa
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for Masters Scholarship in Energy for Sustainable Development Sponsored by World Bank, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be from an African country and be passionate about advancing his/her career towards bagging a postgraduate degree.
- Applicants for the MSc programs must possess a bachelor’s degree with at least a second class upper division in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electro Mechanical Engineering, Renewable Energy Engineering or other related fields.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of second class lower degree and at least 2 year relevant working experience.
- Applicants must demonstrate sufficient ability in English to undertake masters-level course works and research.
The following documents are required:
- A cover letter indicating the program of interest and description of the motivation to join the program.
- Notarized undergraduate degree or Equivalent from HEC.
- Notarized transcripts
- Motivation Letter
- Copy of Identification card or Passport
- Updated CV
- Two recommendation Letters from academic referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant.
- Sponsorship letter from an organization (if any)
- Applicants from countries where English is not the language of instruction at higher education must provide English Proficiency Certificate from a relevant body or institution.
- Government of Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020 for Students of Developing Nations
- Africa Scholarship Programme at the University of Essex, United Kingdom
Application Procedures for the Masters Scholarship in Energy for Sustainable Development Sponsored by World Bank
Applicants are to visit the University of Rwanda website (https://ur.ac.rw) and proceed to apply for admission by starting a “New Application”.
Applicants must complete the Biographical form and save same to generate “Your Student ID Reference Number” which is to be kept safe as it will be the means of identification for all transactions at the University of Rwanda.
Applicants are to submit all required documents in PDF format using the link
Application Deadline: 15th June, 2020
from Scholarships – Study Green https://ift.tt/3cvx4di